If you want to maximize your marketing strategy in 2021, you need to know these essential Facebook statistics to get optimal business results.
There is no other social media platform with the vast reach Facebook can offer.
Facebook is such a part of our daily lives that users begin scrolling their feeds as soon as they wake up.
With more than a billion daily active users logging into Facebook, you have the opportunity to connect with — and market to — more people than ever before.
Facebook is the social media giant where you need to consider investing your time and money seriously.
Check out these statistics and see why you need to make Facebook a strategic part of your marketing efforts this year.
General Facebook Statistics
- 1.73 billion people use Facebook daily. And every month, 2.74 billion people log into Facebook, which. This includes users across all of Facebook’s products — Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Messenger. No other social media platform reaches so large an audience.
- Facebook is the world’s third most visited site. It’s outranked only by Google and YouTube.
- Facebook is the second most downloaded app. And Facebook Messenger comes in at number 7.
- Facebook reaches 60.6% of all internet users and 59% of all social media users worldwide.
- 95% of the people in the US over the age of 12 know about Facebook.
- Facebook will celebrate its 17th birthday in 2021.
To create an effective Facebook marketing strategy, you need to know the average Facebook user’s demographics. Who are the people that use Facebook? Let’s start with the number of Facebook users by country.
Facebook’s potential reach stretches across the globe.
- The fastest-growing region for Facebook is the Middle East and Africa, at 13.6%.
- India has the most Facebook users in the world, coming in at 320 million. The rest of the top five are the United States (190 million), Indonesia (140 million), Brazil (130 million), and Mexico (93 million).
What’s the age range of the average Facebook user?
- The largest demographic of users are 25-34-years-old. They make up 32.4% of the Facebook audience.
- 72% of Facebook users are between 18 and 44 years old. 74% of users are 35-54 years old, and 52% of those 55 and older also use Facebook.
- 63% of the US population over 12 uses Facebook.
- 32% of those 12-34 years old use Facebook more than any other social media platform. Instagram, owned by Facebook, comes in at 27%.
What do the demographics show about male and female users?
What about the income statistics of Facebook users?
- 86% of internet users with a total income of $100,000 use Facebook. Of those who earn $60-70k per year, 81% are Facebook users. And 88% of internet users earning $30-60k per year are using Facebook.
Facebook Usage Statistics
In addition to knowing the Facebook demographics, it’s essential to understand how people are using Facebook.
These Facebook statistics will help you tailor your content, so it fits your audience.
For example, because so many people use Facebook via their mobile devices, you want to make sure your content is mobile-friendly.
- 73% of users log in daily. 93% of Facebook users log in weekly.
- 54% of Americans say they use Facebook more than any other social media platform.
- 96.3% of Facebook users also use other social media. 90% use YouTube, 73% use Instagram, and 52% use Twitter.
- Users spend 34 minutes a day on Facebook.
- 96% of active users access Facebook through their mobile devices. 79.9% of users ONLY use a mobile device to access Facebook.
- 80.5% use the Facebook app via Android. 14.3% use iOS. Your content should be optimized for both operating systems.
- The average Facebook user likes 12 posts a month.
- 57% of US social media users use Facebook to share content. This is an opportunity to create exciting and unique content for your business and encourage your followers to share it with their friends.
- 500 million people use Facebook Stories daily. Stories show up at the top of everyone’s newsfeed, so they are an excellent way for your business to stand out and get noticed.
- 1.3 billion people use Facebook Messenger.
- Businesses and customers exchange roughly 10 billion messages a month.
What do Facebook statistics say about Facebook groups?
- Facebook group membership exploded in the Spring of 2020. People suddenly stuck at home used Facebook groups to meet their needs for community and conversation.
- 1.8 billion users use Facebook Groups every month. A Facebook group is a great way to build a community around your business.
- 26.6% of Facebook group usage centers on a hobby or activity.
- The largest Facebook group in the US is The Blackout Coalition, with 1.8 million members.
Other ways people are using Facebook.
- To start relationships — Facebook says they’ve made 1.5 billion matches through Facebook Dating.
- As a news source — 36% of Americans say they get their news from Facebook.
Facebook Business Statistics
Fellow business owners and marketers are using Facebook to promote their businesses because it works.
Here’s what you should know about Facebook business statistics.
- Over 80 million small businesses use Facebook Pages. A Facebook page allows you to connect with people and promote your business for free.
- Two-thirds of Facebook users visit a local business page weekly. Make sure your Facebook business page is updated regularly, so visitors get the most up-to-date information.
- 18.3% of US adults bought something through Facebook in the last year. Consumers are becoming more comfortable shopping directly on Facebook.
- 78% of American consumers have purchased products they discovered via Facebook. They hear about these products in Facebook Groups, on Facebook Pages, and through their News Feed.
- From February to May 2020, Facebook users searched for and clicked on local business results 23% more. Facebook users want to support their local businesses, especially in these turbulent times.
- 48.5% of B2B decision-makers use Facebook for research. If you’re in the B2B space, Facebook gives you a way to reach those people.
- 42% of businesses on Facebook are based in the suburbs. 33% are urban, and 25% are rural.
Facebook Ad Statistics
Facebook ads are a popular and effective way to reach your target audience. Here are the Facebook Ad statistics you should know.
- Facebook generated $20.7 billion in ad revenue in Q4 of 2020.
- Facebook has an advertising audience of 2.14 billion people.
- 86% of marketers use Facebook for advertising.
- Facebook has the most ads and highest CTR. This is compared to ads run on Instagram, Messenger, or Audience Network.
- Among Facebook creative type ads, status ads have the highest CTR at 6.65%.
- The average Facebook user clicks on 12 ads per month.
- The average cost of a Facebook ad decreased by 9% in Q3 of 2020.
- The average Facebook CPM is $5.31, and the CPC is $0.43.
- 47% of Facebook’s ad revenue comes from the US and Canada.
- In the Philippines and Libya, Facebook ads reach 100% of the targeted audience over the age of 13.
Facebook Publishing Statistics
- The average Facebook page shares 1.55 posts per day. Photos make up 55.6% of those posts, 22.2% are video, 18.5% are links, and status updates without pictures or video make up just 3.6%.
- The average engagement rate per post is 0.27%. This is across all industries. Your business may see slightly higher or lower engagement.
- Pages with fewer than 10,000 fans see an average engagement rate of 0.52%. That’s good news for businesses with a smaller following because pages with over 100,000 fans only see a 0.10% average engagement rate.
Facebook Video Statistics
Video content allows your business to foster a more personal connection with your audience.
If you feel awkward about the idea of being on video, don’t worry. You can create content that focuses on your business, and you never have to appear on camera.
- 15% of all Facebook content is video.
- The average engagement rate for Facebook video posts is 0.26%.
- More than 1.25 billion people visit Facebook Watch every month.
- Facebook live viewership increased by 50% in the Spring of 2020. With people staying home more, Facebook Live allows your customers to connect with you from the comfort and safety of their own homes.
- Vertical videos generate the highest engagement rates, but they are the least created format making up just 15% of the video content on Facebook. 52% of all videos shared on Facebook are in landscape format, and 33% are square videos. Take advantage of the void and create vertical videos for the most interaction with your content.
Final Thoughts on Facebook Statistics for 2021
These Facebook statistics clearly illustrate that Facebook is the most powerful social media platform available to businesses today.
Despite the outcry against it in recent years, Facebook isn’t dying, and it still has 1.73 billion loyal users who show up on the platform every day. It is an influential part of our daily lives.
Facebook allows you to connect with your potential and current customers, and it should be an essential part of your marketing strategy.