33 Microlearning Platforms to Level Up Your Corporate Training!
There are countless reasons why good corporate training demands a powerful microlearning platform.
Microlearning is an effective way to train and upskill employees. A natural fit for an increasingly mobile workforce.
But how do you decide which LMS platform will be best suited for the learning experience?
We’ve 33 of the most popular microlearning platforms. So you can figure out fast which one will motivate your unique group of learners.
What Is Microlearning?
That’s because people retain more information when they learn in quick bursts.
Usually delivered in 2 to 10 minutes, microlearning can be a combination of a variety of mediums.
Employees can access the modules whenever and wherever they choose. So they get the right training at the right time. And become more productive.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Microlearning Platform
Choosing a platform starts with evaluating your learners. All learners on the learning path will approach the learning process differently.
Who are they, and what are their duties? What’s the context where their eLearning will take place? Do they need interactive content to guide them?
The truth is, microlearning isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution. So the better you can get to know your students, the more likely you are to succeed
1. Experience levels of L&D and instructional designers
Small microlearning units of learning content are simpler to create than longer training content. You can create the exact bit of training material you need.
So it’s critical to evaluate in deep detail your L&D and instructional design team’s levels of technical experience and design talents.
They can create a basic version of a microlearning unit, then test and improve that specific version.
2. Existing software and authoring tools
Find out what systems, such as online course creation, your company already has in place that you could leverage for microlearning.
Also, look for a platform that offers inbuilt microlearning authoring tools so you can create content in audio, video, or HTML digital formats.
3. Time and budget
Plenty of platforms have free trials, small pricing plans with fewer features, and access to libraries with ready-made elearning content.
If you create your own training content, you can use the same content multiple times.
For instance, make a video presentation of company policies for new hires and a PDF version of the same presentation.
4. LMS features
Most microlearning platforms support multiple languages across multiple devices.
Here are some other important features to keep in mind:
- Granular reporting
- Consultancy services
- Analytical capabilities
- Adaptive and chat-based learning
5. Determine your training goals and objectives
Don’t get sidetracked by trends or fads when choosing a microlearning platform.
Focus on what problem you’re trying to solve and how microlearning will help you solve it. What’s the result you’re trying to achieve?
Take advantage of feedback tools. Successful microlearning is all about user engagement.
- Discussion forums
- Survey feedback
(Pro Tip: Conduct a training needs analysis.)
All right. Ready for the nitty-gritty details about the leading microlearning platforms?
1. Adobe Captivate Prime LMS
- Over 70,000 training courses
- User-friendly intuitive dashboard
- Offline access
- Seamless playback experience with Fluidic Player
- Report suites based on organizational roles
- $4/month per registered learner
- Volume discounts for 500 learners and above
- Free 30-day trial
2. Code of Talent
- 8 learning paths
- Preview journey with one click
- Self-management capabilities
- Observer role
- 5 ready-to-use journey templates
ConveYour is a microlearning training tool specifically designed for training sales reps. A must if you’re training millennials.
- Over 18 engagement formats
- Region/state-specific mobile training
- Onboarding automation
- Sellers easily record selfie videos
- Launch: $400/month (up to 100 active learners)
- National: $1,200/month (up to 500 active learners)
- Enterprise: Not published
Over 2,000 big brands use this AI-based learning suite, including Walmart and Coca-Cola.
- Easy setup and maintenance
- 400 plus integrations
- Virtual Coach
- Content from over 100 providers
- Custom dashboards with clear ROI
- Unlimited learners
- Built-in AI translation (Google AutoML)
- Independent authoring tool
- Hundreds of free, regularly updated courses
- Free: $0 (unlimited users)
- Growth: $1.95 per user/month
- Plus: $2.95 per user/month
- Enterprise: Not published
Companies in more than 60 countries train their workforces with EduMe’s easy-to-use tools. Their clients include Uber and Deloitte.
- Message authoring tool
- Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Free microlearning course library
- Zapier Webhooks
- Customer Success Manager
- Quick and easy content authoring tool
- Create content based on SMS polling and voting
- Accountability triggers
- Free: $0 (up to 5 people)
- Starter: $95/month (20 users)
- Professional: $345/month (50 users)
- Organization: $840/month (100 users)
Grovo is now a Cornerstone brand. Most Grovo courses are available in Cornerstone’s content library through a subscription.
- Over 2,500 microlearning lessons
- Curated, personalized content
- Connect skills to career paths
- Implementation with skills graph
9. Growth Engineering’s Academy LMS
Winner of over 100 industry awards, Growth Engineering Academy drives impact with gamification, social learning, and behavioral science. Clients include HP, Samsung, and the World Health Organization.
- Peer-to-peer quiz battles
- Customized praise badges
- Offline access
- Flexible discussion groups and expert areas
- Quick and easy Genie authoring tool
- Chat, post, and news exchange
- Onboarding simplified by QR code and link
- Gamification elements, challenges, rankings, and duels
- Customizable badges, points, and levels
11. iSpring Learn
Develop interactive courses and branching scenarios in record time with iSpring Learn. Comes with an award-winning authoring tool, iSpring Suite.
- Easy authoring in PowerPoint
- 55,000 course assets
- Automatically managed training deadlines
- Dialog simulations
- 24/7 customer support
- $3.66/month (100 users)
- $3.00/month (300 users)
- $2.82/month (500 users)
12. ISpring Page
Launch your corporate training with ease. iSpring Page is a cloud authoring tool for microcourses.
Create courses right in your browser. Type or paste in text, add images and video and click publish.
- Embed interactive content from other sites
- Knowledge checks
- Branded look and feel
LearnAmp is an adaptive microlearning platform with engaging LXP features and advanced LMS tools. Their sweet spot is 250 to 5,000 users.
- “Traffic light system” shows who’s ahead or behind
- Suite of permission levels
- User-generated content
- Self-record video/audio
- Pulse and feedback surveys
- Unlimited courses/unlimited users
- Advanced quizzing with 8 question types
- Drag & drop course builder
- Manually score and comment on text responses
- Basic: $159 (1 site license)
- Plus: $189 (up to 10 site licenses)
- Pro: $329 (up to 25 site licenses)
15. Learner Mobile
Designed for “the Modern Learner,” Learner Mobile takes training onto the floor while meeting strict compliance standards.
They focus on the retail, healthcare, higher education, and financial services industries.
- Encrypted data, SOC-2 compliant servers
- Real-time data on all behaviors
- Built-in authoring tool
- Flexible award functionality
- Organize training content by trends, summaries, models, tips
LifterLMS gives small or solopreneurs total freedom to package and manage their own courses. You own and control the user platform.
- Scalable all-in-one solution
- Clean, intuitive interface
- Instructional design
- Private 1:1 content, coaching, and discussions
- Industry-leading support desk
- Individual Add-Ons: $120+ each per year (1site)
- Universe Bundle: $360/year (5 sites)
- Infinity Bundle: $1,200/year (unlimited sites)
A top choice for gamifying enterprise learning, Master-O boosts productivity for sales and customer service. Works well for the healthcare, telecom, and banking industries and the blue-collar workforce.
- Customizable sales enablement content
- Blended learning pathways
- On-the-job application and observation
- Compliance training and certification
- 24/7 support
Atlanta-based mLevel has been acquired by Axonify, a leader in frontline employee training. The Axonify Reinforce platform has an 83% worker engagement rate.
- Employee rewards system based on points earned
- 3-5 minute daily training experience
- Custom content
- Content marketplace
- Success manager
19. Netex learningCloud ™
- Real-time game bar updates learner progress
- Learner deadlines to complete microlearning module
- Personalized scoreboards, badges, game notifications
- Build communities or user groups in Channels
- Annual We Love Learning L&D online events
20. Oplift Engage
Built for companies with larger workforces, Oplift Engage allows you to eliminate different information across multiple systems.
- Add questions and tasks to your articles
- Single Sign-In (SSO)
- Expiry notifications
- Live chat and email support
- Private company podcasts
- Advanced: $2/per person a month (monthly minimum $200)
- Pro: $4/per person a month (monthly minimum $400)
- Enterprise: Starts at $1,200 a month
Intended for all companies and industries, OttoLearn is an award-winning tool with a robust knowledge retention strategy.
- No enrollments required
- Fill knowledge gaps with 2-minute Mastery Moments
- Free library of customizable sample content
- Knowledge cards for self-directed, on-demand learning
- Design a knowledge map of your training content
Plans start at $250/month billed annually.
22. Oust Labs
Oust Labs has been acquired by Better Place, a technology platform for blue and gray collar workforce management. In 2021, Oust Labs upskilled one million users across India and Southeast Asia.
- Gamified course journey
- Loyalty coins, nudging, and certificates
- Trigger-based learning
Not published. 30-day free trial.
23. Rockstar Learning Platform
Small businesses and Fortune 500 companies alike use Rockstar Learning Platform. Combines the traditional functionality of an LMS with a personalized LXP.
- Pre-assessments with auto-enrollment
- Built-in asset library with icons, characters, and more
- 100,00 plus stock audio files
- Author your own virtual reality courses
- Free: Up to 5 learners
- Starter: $99/month billed annually (up to 50 learners)
- Business and Available Bundles: Not published.
24. SAP Litmos
Why do over 30 million users spanning 150 countries use SAP Litmos? Simplicity, ease of use, and everything you need in one secure, centralized environment.
- Huge course library
- Capacity to scale to millions of users
- 30 plus Marketplace connectors (excluding salesforce.com)
- SOC 2 Type 2 highly secure environment
Not published. 14-day free trial.
ShotClasses is a microlearning platform from Mindtree, a leader in public cloud consulting. Mindtree was recognized as one of India’s Best Workplaces for Women 2021 by Great Place to Work.
- Provisioned cloud with 99% uptime
- Distribute classes using employee meta-tags
- Quick content creation from multiple sources
- 2 weeks handholding
- Email/phone support
UK-based Smartup.io helps trainers launch their mobile learning app fast without the hassles. They have over 250,000 learners and 20 million minutes of microlearning delivered.
- Built-in video translation, captioning, and dubbing
- Hassle-free white labeling
- Deadlines and reminders
- Learners can convert points into rewards
- Course creation workshops
- Trainer: $250/month (50 active users/1 community)
- Professional and Corporate: Not published.
SparkLearn is an adaptive microlearning platform that’s suitable for newbies and global enterprises alike. Most customers get up and running on this platform in about 6 weeks.
- Powerful analytics
- Built-in image library
- External content support
- Integrated authoring tool
- Delivers content based on popularity, similarity, and newness
- SLGO: Get started for $20 per user per year (less than 1000 users)
- Large companies and enterprises: Not published.
28. Stream LXP from Learning Pool
Stream LXP from Learning Pool is a comprehensive learning suite used by over 800 global organizations. Learning paths range from simple to full certification programs lasting a year or more.
- Granular reporting
- Spaced practice maximizes retention and recall
- Bot encourages daily learning
- WYSIWYG intuitive interface
- Exceptional technical support includes Tech Solutions Engineer
A native microlearning app, Surge9 gives you complete control over your user experience on every device. Used by a wide range of Fortune 500 companies, from nonprofits to banks.
- Super-fast, even in offline mode
- Retention quizzes
- Spaced retrieval practices
- 24/7 support by telephone, email, chat
TalentCards uses a flashcard approach to microlearning. It’s a good platform for training frontline mobile workers such as online support staff.
- Embed single or double-sided cards with interactive multimedia
- Targeted push notifications
- Hyper-personalized training
- No storage limits
- Micro-assessments with gamification
- Free version (up to 5 users)
- Starts at $50/month (up to 50 users)
TalentLMS takes a “people first” approach to technology. They don’t use chatbots. Awarded Best LMS Software 2021 by FinancesOnline.
- Unlimited free access/full support
- Ready to go out-of-the-box
- Over 350 courses built around stories
- Free: $0/month (up to 5 users)
- Starter: $59/month (up to 40 users)
- Basic: $129/month (up to 100 users)
- Plus: $249/month (up to 500 users)
- Premium: $429/month (up to 1,000 users)
- Enterprise: Not published
Over 100,000+ course creators use Teachable, an all-in-one platform. But their mobile microlearning app is available on iOS devices only. Teachable advises instructors to design their course for desktop and inform students that the mobile app is a supplementary tool.
- Unlimited students and courses on all paid plans
- One-on-one sessions
- You own your data
- Basic: $29/month (billed annually)
- Pro: $99/month (billed annually)
- Business: $249/month (billed annually)
Thinkific is trusted by hundreds of global brands, including Samsung, Intel, and Hootsuite. Corporate training requires a Thinkific Plus Plan.
- Unlimited courses, students, admins, and partners
- Dedicated Customer Success Manager
- Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Enterprise API access
- Advanced security features
- Free Plan: $0/month
- Basic Plan: $49/month or $39/month when billed annually
- Pro Plan: $99/month or $79/month when billed annually
- Premier: $499/month or $399/month when billed annually
- Growth Package: Pro Plan Add On (Free for up to 100 active students, then $0.10 per active student)
- Thinkific Plus: Enterprise (Contact Thinkific for pricing)
Inspire Your Learners With The Right Microlearning Platform
Now you have a better handle on how microlearning platforms drive employee engagement.
So pick a platform, and infuse your training with microlearning content. Start connecting with your learners.
The sooner you do, the sooner you’ll help them boost their job performance - and have fun while doing it.