22 Social Listening Tools for Monitoring Brand Mentions in 2023
Social listening is crucial for successful digital marketing, so naturally, you need a list of social listening tools to make it easy for you.
Obvi, you’ve come to the right place. 😉
Using social listening tools to monitor feedback, brand mentions, and any sentiment around your brand or product is the best way forward.
It lets you detect underlying opportunities and possible threats that may jeopardize your brand health.
Keep reading for an overview of the best social listening tools on the market.
What Is Social Listening?
Social listening is a technology that identifies specific conversations on social media, blogs, forums, or anywhere on the web.
Social listening means looking beyond just your organization, for example, to an industry, and analyzing the information found to gather new insights.
Monitor and respond to feedback on your brand’s social profile, listen to the tone of voice, analyze trends and sentiments, and much more.
Having a social listening strategy is a crucial marketing element, so let’s take a look at the best tools to help you do just that!
Social Listening Tools
Awario is on a mission to make social listening affordable for businesses of any size.
In addition to brand awareness management, Awario’s software includes various platforms to run market research, competition and audience analysis, and social selling.
Awario is a synonym for non-stop social monitoring and influencer marketing.
- Boolean search included in all pricing plans
- Sentiment analysis
- Social listening API
- Non-stop media monitoring for any mentions of your keywords
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Vimeo, News, blogs, and forums.
- Starter: $39/mo
- Pro: $119/mo
- Enterprise: $399/mo
🎯 You can save up to a staggering 40% when paying yearly!
Next to media monitoring, they newly introduced review monitoring, which tracks all major review sites
- View social and web mentions, filtered by sentiment (positive, negative, neutral)
- Accurately translate your social mention via the new ‘Mention Translate’ function
- Tracking of all major review sources, including Tripadvisor, Booking.com, and Google reviews
Facebook, Pinterest, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, and online news and blogs.
- Basic: $49/mo
- Essential: $99/mo
- Advanced: $199/mo
- Pro: $299/mo
- Agency: $450+/mo
- Enterprise: from $950/mo
Grade.us's core business is complete online review management and marketing.
Reviews are crucial in the world of purchase decisions. The Grade.us ‘review funnel’ removes any friction from writing reviews.
- Integrations include Google Sheets, MailChimp, Hubspot, Google My Business, Facebook, Twitter, and Zappier
- Boost your social proof by automatically sharing your reviews on social media channels
- Website review stream widget to showcase reviews and directly collect testimonials right on your website
Grade.us covers most major review sites—over a hundred sites are continuously monitored.
- Solo: $110/mo
- Professional: $180/mo
- Agency: $400/mo
- Partner: $2500/mo
Tweepsmap is an AI-driven Twitter analytics and management tool.
Their all-in-one dashboard gives you insight into trending topics among your followers and lets you stay on top of your engagement metrics.
- Automated social media post scheduler with RSS feed posting support
- Build segmented content streams based on geography and content type
- Hashtag/keyword discovery reports with tweet breakdown, time of mentions, and tweet transcript
Tweepsmap is all about Twitter activity.
- Free: $0/mo
- Starter: $14/mo
- Growth: $29/mo
- Advanced: $49/mo
- Enterprise: customizable
Buzzsumo is a well-known, powerful platform that monitors your competitors, brand mentions, and industry updates.
Create alerts for the topics, brands, and keywords that impact your business.
- Monitor journalists, influencers, and influential blogs so that you can speed up your digital engagement with their content
- Use the chrome extension to browse competitor’s content and examine key success metrics in seconds
- Pinpoint your most popular posts across the various channels
Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Pinterest, and Reddit
- Free: $0
- Pro: $99/mo
- Plus; $179/mo
- Large: $299/mo
☝️ All paid plans start with a 30-day free trial and a 20% saving is up for grabs when paying annually.
Specializing in Pinterest and Instagram marketing, Tailwind helps small businesses make their social media monitoring life easy, effective, and efficient.
Their multi-channel marketing is beneficial to those with limited time and resources.
- Automatically generate hundreds of posts, optimized for Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook
- Personalized brand styles
- Schedule all social media posts for a week ahead
- Schedule pins and posts at the best times for optimal social media engagement
Pinterest and Facebook
- Pro: $19.99/mo
- Advanced: $39.99/mo
- Max: $79.99/mo
- Free Forever: $0/mo
It’s BrandMention's opinion that analyzing your competitors’ strategies should be part of your growth strategy.
And spying on your competitors is what their platform does best.
- Real-time social media mentions search & analysis
- Hashtag analytics for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and more
- Sentiment analysis to sort negative mentions from the positive ones
- 24/7 customer feedback alerts
Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Growing business: $129/mo
- Company: $299/mo
- Enterprise/Agency: $499/mo
*All plans come with a 7-day free trial.
It is also a tool to help you pilot your social channels and organize your content in a multi-channel editorial calendar.
- Analyze and compare trends by filtering key conversations
- Spike emails whenever there’s a peak of mentions
- Advanced Research lets you filter the noise and focus on what matters
- Bundle the information so you can view key metrics and get qualitative insight into your social media
Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and the web.
- Solo: $ 49/mo
- Pro: $99/mo
- ProPlus: $179/mo
- Company: customized price on request
Emplifi is a much-awarded CX platform with an impressive clientele. Think of Delta Airlines, Mercedes-Benz, Domino’s, Bath & Body Work, Miele, and the MLS.
They offer Social Marketing Cloud, Social Commerce Cloud, and Service Cloud in one powerful and intuitive platform.
- Deep social marketing insights with customizable, query-based searches
- AI sentiment analysis
- Ad-hoc omnichannel reporting and analytics
- Generate presentation-ready social media analytics reports in seconds
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and Pinterest.
- Emplifi offers a paid ‘buy now’ package, but that excludes social media listening.
- The Complete Social Marketing Cloud package—which includes social listening tools—has pricing on request.
If you never want to miss an (unanswered) comment and easily create replies across your social networks, Buffer could become your new best friend.
‘Listen’ to what our audience is saying and interact via your dashboard. Easy as that!
- Plan and publish your social media content for all major platforms, all from a straightforward dashboard
- An intuitive marketing analytics dashboard for social media analytics and reporting
- Reply to comment from your desktop
Compatible with most major channels, like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Shopify, TikTok, Twitter, and more.
- Free: $0/mo - for social media starters
- Essentials: $6/mo per social channel
- Team: $12/mo per social channel
*Paid plans offer a free 14-day trial.
Brand24 is an affordable tool to protect your online reputation.
- Discussion volume chart that identifies sudden changes in the discussion volume
- Spot problematic areas which need immediate attention with Sentiment Analysis
- Turn your data into automated PDF reports, .xls files, and infographics
- Slack integration
All major social media platforms are covered, plus blogs, forums, Quora, Medium, and more.
- Individual: $49/mo
- Pro: $119/mo
- Team: $179/mo
- Enterprise: $299/mo
According to YouScan, visual insights is the next-generation social listening. And their AI-powered image recognition should do the trick.
YouScan gives you access to 500+ billion historical conversations, so you never need to miss a thing about your brand. Brand monitoring at its best.
- AI-powered marketing segmentation automatically sorts mentions by categories, subjects, and trends
- Sentiment analysis to know your customer’s attitudes towards different aspects of your product or service, with 95% sentiment detection accuracy
- Customizable reporting; generate PDF or XLS reports, or use an API to export analytical data
- Instant insights about trends and conversation drivers in brand-related discussions
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, and TikTok,
Pricing is only available on request.
- Accurate sentiment and emotion analysis
- Predict and surface unknown topics with proprietary AI
- Core listening platform with clear visual navigation
- Customizable alerts based on new mentions and thresholds
Brandwatch has excellent coverage of most mainstream networks, like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Essentials (Social for small businesses only) starts at $108/mo
- No pricing is listed for Brandwatch’s various full product suite options.
Within minutes, you can build a custom dashboard for a 360-degree view of your social performance, audience, ROI, and more.
- Sentiment and context analysis
- Competitor tracking and benchmarking
- Track reach and sentiment for top influencers from your industry
- Direct integrations with Marketo, Salesforce, Eloqua, Hubspot, Google Analytics, and more
Supported platforms include all major social media.
Pricing is unlisted; contact Oktopost for info.
It covers analytics, reporting, scheduled publishing, social conversations, and listening to your audience.
Listening to their customers, Iconosquare developed and added the newest addition to their toolbox: Instagram Reels analytics!
- Dashboard with easy-to-read graphics that display your performance
- Automate social media reports
- Plan and publish social media content in one place
- Extensive brand monitoring
- Keep a close eye on competitor’s performance
Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and TikTok.
- Pro: $ /mo
- Advanced: $ /mo
- Enterprise: $ /mo
*All plans offer a 14-day free trial.
Be a fly on the wall and use Agorapulse’s social media monitoring tool to listen in on social conversations about your brand and competitors.
It lets you respond quickly via retweets, replies, DM’s, and more.
- Use Youtube and Twitter search parameters to focus on what’s important
- Label important posts, competitor activity, and customers feedback for easy retrieval and response
- Capture Instagram mentions, shoutouts, and UGC without delay
- Stay on top of the chatter while on the go via their mobile app
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Free: $0/mo
- Pro: $ /mo
- Premium: $ /mo
- Enterprise: $ /mo
Keyhole offers a social listening & brand monitoring platform and reporting tool, already used by many brands, which include l’Oréal, Reuters, Billboard, and Smithsonian Institution, to name a few.
- Using QuickTrends to identify industry trends and opportunities
- Account recommendations to increase followers and convert more leads
- Influencer analytics to identify your most influential brand advocates for partnerships
- Accurately track hashtags across multiple social networks in a single dashboard
Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Standard: $79/mo
- Team: $159/mo
- Campaigns: $319/mo
- Enterprise: custom pricing
🤓 Note that 20% can be saved by paying annually.
18. Sprout Social
Their expertise includes superior social marketing, customer service, data analysis, social listening, and employee advocacy.
Sprout Social’s social listening suite includes sentiment tracking to monitor brand health based on positive or negative social mentions.
- Capture audience reactions to your marketing campaigns
- Upgrade your customer service and optimize your positioning, by exploring customer feelings and opinions in-depth
- Examine your audience’s preferences to enhance your digital marketing strategies
- Identify industry gaps via competitor comparison
Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, YouTube, and the web.
- Standard: $249/mo
- Professional: $399/mo
- Advanced: $499/mo
- Enterprise: custom pricing
*A 30-day free trial is available.
Talkwalker is an enterprise-level social intelligence tool, diving deep to uncover and understand valuable insight from gathered social data.
Their powerful AI Engine covers image recognition to find hidden mentions, and sentiment analysis to put social mentions into context.
Talkwalker was recognized as a Leader by global research and advisory firm Forrester.
- Monitor results in real-time and get instant access to up to five years of historic data
- Advanced AI-powered sentiment analysis
- Monitor over 60m new videos every day for critical brand mentions
- Build a customized dashboard to share actionable insights with your team
- Integration of Social Intelligence directly into your existing social media management
All major social networks, blogs, and news sites.
Four plans are on offer and all come with tailored quotes. Contact Talkwalker for info.
Digimind is an experienced, long-standing Global player in unraveling anything web related.
Their technology covers natural language processing, sentiment analysis, smart auto-classification, visual listening, and global scalability.
Digimind is an all-in-one solution for research, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Analyze and benchmark social accounts simultaneously with Social Analytics
- Monitor brand image based on Google search behavior
- Generate reports in pre-designed templates with a few simple clicks
- Geolocalization and automatic sentiment detection
Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google +, blogs, and the web.
Quotes are tailor-made and only available on request. Contact Digimind for info.
This is one that needs only a little introduction. Hootsuite is one of the industry leaders when it comes to social media management.
They’re a reliable, trustworthy partner already for over a decade.
- Custom streams to zoom in on essential topics, trends, and social profiles
- Instant analysis of millions of real-time conversations happening online
- Alerts to be notified of any unusual spikes in volume or brand sentiment
- Track brand sentiment with intuitive analytics
Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and TikTok
- Professional: $99/mo
- Team: $249/mo
- Business: $739/mo
- Enterprise: custom pricing
Hubspot is an all-around social media management software platform with various time-saving tools to help you prioritize your social interactions.
- Link all your interactions back to your CRM
- Schedule and publish your social posts cross-platform
- SEO marketing tool to optimize your content and outrank competitors
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Starter: $50/mo
- Professional: $890/mo
- Enterprise: $3600/mo
Listen to Understand!
“I hear what you’re saying”......
But is hearing the same as listening?
This is where a social listening tool comes into play. They listen in-depth and give you detailed info on what your audience is saying.
Pick your favorite from the list and never miss an important social media conversation anymore!