17 Social Media Automation Tools for 2023 ⚙️
For social media marketers, social media automation is a lifesaver.
Social media marketing comes with never-ending tasks such as content creation, posting, sharing, monitoring...
The soul-crushing repetitive tasks go on and on and... 🥱
This is where social media automation saves the day. Heroic, really.
So let's take a look at some social media automation tools to take some of that really (really) boring stuff off your hands.
How Automation Helps Your Social Media
Check out some cool stuff social media automation tech can do for you!
1. Consolidate all your social platforms.
Social media is a powerful tool, but it can also be time-consuming and overwhelming.
Fortunately, automated posting software, social media scheduling software, and social media management tools can help you consolidate all your social media platforms and streamline your workflow.
With the right marketing automation tools, you can easily manage multiple accounts across different platforms with just a few clicks.
2. Automate your content.
- Your content marketing strategy guides your content creation process, and social media tools speed up content curation, helping you find, adjust or resize images, add captions, make flyers, animated images, GIFs, etc. AI writing tools can also help you write your social media posts with only a few simple settings and prompts.
- Republishing content is a regular part of any social media strategy, as feeds refresh all the time. Social media automation helps republish content in cycles that you pre-determine, helping you to fill up your social media content calendar in a way that is not too repetitive but still maintains your key messaging.
- It’s no secret that scheduling content is the best way to stay ahead of consistent content publishing on your social media platform. Automation features help you save time by automating repetitive social media tasks such as scheduling posts in advance or reposting content from other accounts.
- Most of these tools also enable you to set up your social media advertising and run campaigns within the parameters of your timeline, budget, and special offers, and include analytics at the end of each campaign.
- Social media automation tools can generate reports automatically, providing insights into how your content is performing across different platforms so that you can make informed decisions about what works best for your business.
Social Media Automation Tools
☝️ All pricing plans are monthly (unless otherwise noted); most tools give discounts when billed annually. 💰
Missinglettr is best for promoting vast amounts of your chosen content and automating it in a steady drip campaign fashion across your platforms.
Additionally, it also collects and adds other popular content relevant to yours, to add to your content marketing automation.
- Adds fresh social content related to yours from other sources so that you can maintain user engagement with your audience without constantly having to come up with new ideas
- The Automatic Repost feature enables reposting your most popular content at the best time (so no one will recognize the repetition)
- Suggests ideal posting times
- Recommends the social media channel best suited for marketing your brand
- Core: Free
- Solo: $9/month
- Pro: $39/month
In other words, finding relevant and useful articles to share with your target audience is done for you.
You can also categorize your content and set it to rotate posting from each category for more diverse content posting.
It also has the unique ability to enable automated removal of your selected posts at a certain time.
- RSS functionality to help you automate sharing relevant articles
- Scheduling time-sensitive content along with its removal from your feed at your chosen time
- Automated reposting
- Analytics that identify your most effective content so you can improve your content marketing strategy accordingly
- Bootstrap: $29/month
- Accelerate: $49/month
- Pro: $99/month
Hootsuite has been around for a long time and is a beast of a social media management tool with comprehensive features for most social platforms.
It is best suited to large businesses and agencies with complex needs (and the budget to match).
- Monitor content performance on multiple social media platforms from within one dashboard
- Real-time updates
- Comprehensive social media analytics
- Automated content scheduling and posting
- Customization of the same content for multiple platforms to avoid spamming your audience with obvious repetition
- Tracks replies and comments for you so you can respond promptly
- Pro: $99/month
- Team: $249/month
- Business: $739/month
4. Sprout Social
Sprout Social is ideal for marketers that "geek out" about the newest technologies and who want a smooth listen-and-respond dynamic on social media.
The ViralPost feature automatically publishes your article at the optimal time for your followers.
The Bot Builder is a handy customer service chatbot tool for Twitter to give the audience quick responses.
It’s a flexible tool that enables semi-automated engagement, feed customization and provides social media reports as frequently as you want.
- Automated article posting at optimal times
- Chatbot builder for efficient customer service
- Feed customization
- Social media analytics reporting
- Sends automated customer surveys after interaction
- Standard: $249/month
- Professional: $399/month
- Advanced: $499/month
- Enterprise: Custom
This social media automation tool is best suited for use on your Facebook page, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
Loomly helps you organize and schedule posts but also provides insights into current social trends while you’re compiling your content.
It’s an all-in-one social media campaign management dashboard.
- Run multiple calendars depending on how many accounts you’re running
- Content scheduling and organization
- Filters comments and messages coming in so you can respond appropriately and promptly
- Content marketing analytics
- Streamlined campaign management
- Content optimization
- Base: $35/month
- Standard: $79/month
- Advanced: $172/month
- Premium: $359/month
- Enterprise: Custom
CoSchedule is best for running an all-in-one marketing calendar for all your projects.
This extends beyond social media management and makes it simple to have a thorough understanding of all your marketing initiatives across various platforms.
- Automated and streamlined social media publishing
- Custom scheduling of repeating activities or events
- Upload and schedule 365 social media posts at once
- The Requeue function reposts your top-performing content for you
- Pro Marketing: $29/month
- Enterprise: Custom
Sendible is best for automating most of your marketing and publishing tasks, providing a single dashboard and overview of all of your social media posts, as well as other mentions of your company on social media.
It makes it easy to delegate follow-ups to team members.
- Schedule individual posts on your calendar or import them in bulk with CSV files
- Internal image resizing for each social platform
- Collaboration on workflows with approvals and custom permissions
- Automatically generated analytic reports
- Monitor data around relevant industry keywords and trends
- Creator: $29/month
- Traction: $89/month
- White label: $399/month
You may brainstorm ideas, create visually appealing content, and optimize it with Tailwind to increase consumer conversion.
- Social media strategy creation that’s industry-specific
- Provides suggestions for material
- Automatically create a variety of styles for your posts using your logo, brand colors, and fonts, all editable with a single click
- Social listening
- Scheduling for optimal social media engagement
- Optimized caption and hashtag suggestions
- Core: Free
- Pro: $19.99/month
- Advanced: $39.99/month
- Max: $79.99/month
SocialPilot is best for making personalized posts and bulk-scheduling them for publication on all the main social media sites at once, saving you hours.
- Bulk schedule up to 500 posts
- Schedule repeating postings about events and announcements to publish at irregular intervals
- Automatically distribute posts from RSS feeds
- Comprehensive marketing analytics
- Schedule first comments with additional links and hashtags
- Monitor interactions with your audience using the Social Inbox feature
- Store content and hashtags in the content library
- Professional: $30/month
- Small Team: $50/month
- Agency plan: $100/month
- Agency+ plan: $200/month
- Enterprise: Custom
Agorapulse is a comprehensive social media automation solution that is excellent for people who are just beginning to expand their online presence.
Its marketing automation features are perfect for small companies, freelancers, agencies, and enterprises.
With a 30-minute response time, this solution takes great satisfaction in offering fantastic customer service.
- The Inbox Assistant helps you manage your emails and set up automated answers to frequently asked queries.
- Plan content with your team and clients and get their approval.
- Use the mobile app to publish while on the go.
- Use filters for social listening and reporting to concentrate on talks regarding your brand and rivals.
- Receive personalized reports on interactions on social media and follower gains or losses.
- Standard: $49/month
- Professional: $79/month
- Advanced: $119/month
- Enterprise: Custom
NapoleonCat is best for helping you cut down on time spent on social customer support, social sales, collaboration, ad moderation, scheduling and posting, and analytics.
It’s a whole crew-in-one tool, especially when it comes to advanced comment social media monitoring.
You may apply automated moderation to your sponsored and organic articles to set up responses for general and frequent consumer inquiries.
- Automated spam and comment filter
- Schedule posts and articles
- Automated report distribution
- Automated repetitive operations
- Compatible with Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and Google My Business
- You can define up to 20 alternative replies to the same trigger to make your responses seem more genuine.
- Standard: $27/month
- Pro: $63/month
- Enterprise: Custom starting at $465/month
One of the older social media automation tools, Buffer, is especially useful for scheduling posts on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
You can also schedule pins on Pinterest if you have the Pro plan.
Additionally, Buffer greatly streamlines your digital engagement and management activities.
- Preset scheduling options (modifiable)
- Four posting slots per day
- Social listening – automated recognition of social media post queries, remarks, or negative comments
- Automated recommendations regarding timing, content, and frequency
- Browser extensions for Firefox, Chrome, and Safari
- Online support community
- Core: Free
- Essential: $6/month
- Team: $12/month
- Agency: $120/month
PromoRepublic is best for providing social media automation on a large scale.
From a single center, you can control hundreds of social media profiles on various networks, making it ideal for businesses with various locations.
- Create content by using templates for popular articles and personalizing them with your brand's colors and style.
- Work with your team by using processes to approve modifications or submit recommendations.
- Use filters for zip code or city to create advertising campaigns that target regional consumers.
- Post your content at times that have been shown to increase interaction, and use your social account inbox to respond to queries or comments from clients.
- Data reports show you more about the types of material that your readers prefer.
- Small Business: $49/month
- Agency plan: $79/month
- Enterprise: Multi-location custom
14. Zoho Social
Zoho Social is effective for managing the publishing, monitoring, and analytics aspects of your social media campaigns.
You can pre-set post publishing at specific times, and the platform’s SmartQ predictions will automatically post at a moment when your audience is most engaged.
- Collaborative procedure design that speeds up content generation and approvals
- Powerful analytics and reporting tools
- Automatic regular report generation
- CRM interfaces that help you communicate with prospects generate leads
- Standard: $15/month
- Professional: $35/month
- Premium: $55/month
MeetEdgar has one big focus, which is proper material planning in queued categories that will recur to keep your social media feeds running consistently.
It’s a powerful tool for small teams, enabling the automatic development of 5 versions for every post.
- Run A/B tests on your material
- Save your posts in the library
- Repurpose your content automatically
- Multi-user collaboration
- Track and monitor your posts, lead generations, and optimize your content strategy accordingly
- Eddie plan: $29.99/month
- Edgar plan: $49.99/month
Brand24 is a social media automation tool that is best for monitoring the atmosphere surrounding your brand in general.
With this, your social media manager can control client dialogues and enhance their relationship with your brand.
You can even see whether most of your brand mentions were triggered by your social channel activities or a different problem you need to address.
- AI-social listening determines whether online brand mentions are positive, negative, or neutral
- Alerts to help you respond promptly to negative mentions
- Create reports in PDF, Excel, and even infographics automatically
- Authority indicator of those participating in conversations to identify potential influencers to collaborate with
- Individual: $79/month
- Team: $149/month
- Pro: $199/month
- Enterprise: $399/month
This tool also covers the fundamentals of scheduling and analyzing social media posts.
- Schedule posts and review material with your team or clients
- Chrome extension allows for easy sharing of material with your audience
- Automatic demographic data gathering on your followers and rivals
- Social inbox management and delegation
- Automated responses and real-time checks
- Identify and analyze your top-performing material
- Starter: $25/month
- Pro: $49/month
- Agency: $99/month
Choosing the right social media automation tool for you
- Lead generation
- Growing brand awareness
- Ad campaigns
- Making the most of a new launch or offer
- Growing your email list
- Maybe even going viral…
Start saving more time, more money, and watch your brand loyalty grow!