Essential Guide to Sales Funnel Software (2023 Edition)
Learning about the best sales funnel software for your business is essential to stay on top of your marketing game.
There are many options, but your digital marketing strategy needs a sales funnel builder with the right features at the right price point.
But before we get to our top sales funnel software picks, we’re going to walk you through what a sales funnel is and why you need one for your business.
What Is a Sales Funnel?
A sales funnel is the buyer’s decision-making journey that turns a potential customer into a paying customer.
You’ve got what they need to solve their problem — and you’re providing it at the best price, with the best customer experience.
A sales funnel draws a potential prospect in and leads them along the path of least resistance to buying your product or service.
And happy customers are repeat customers.
In a nutshell, that’s the goal of lead generation.
Your sales funnel software should streamline the process and get you the best return on your investment.
Benefits of Sales Funnel Software
If you’re just learning about sales funnel software, you’re probably wondering what it does and how it can help you turn more curious visitors into paying customers.
It all comes down to the customer journey. Anything that makes that experience better for your potential customers will likely result in more of them completing a purchase.
To that end, the sales funnel tools described in this post have some combination of the following:
- Landing page builders with customizable pre-built templates
- Email marketing automation
- Integrations with well-known eCommerce platforms
- Integrations with payment gateways like PayPal and Stripe
- A/B testing
Think about the best experiences you’ve had as a customer and keep that in mind as you look through the options listed below.
Some Things to Consider for Your Sales Funnel Software
An effective sales funnel starts with lead generation and moves through customer engagement to conversion, turning curious visitors into paying customers.
The goal of any sales funnel tool is to minimize, if not eliminate, any friction along that path. So, before we dive into the list of the best tools out there, let’s take a moment to consider the qualities that make for a friction-free conversion funnel.
As with so many other things in life, there are “must-haves,” and there are “nice-to-haves.” Before you choose the best sales funnel software solution for your business, get clear on what you need from it.
Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Marketing automation
- Sales funnels with one-click upsells
- Facebook/social media syncing for ad personalization
- 24/7 customer service and tech support
Make your own list. Go through it and be honest about which items are must-haves and which are nice-to-haves.
Unless you have people on board who are good at coding and integrating software solutions, make sure your sales funnel software does not require any sophisticated technical skills.
You’ll want to go with something you know you would be able to work with right now.
Even the best sales funnel builder for your business is only as reliable as its customer support.
Do your research and find testimonials and reviews regarding the customer support behind the software.
It might sound trivial, but it matters how responsive they are on social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), as well as on their company website.
No matter how advanced the marketing tool is, if support is MIA, you’re more likely to find yourself losing hours or days of business from a single, unexpected hiccup in the code.
Before investing in a sales funnel management tool, take stock of the marketing software and payment platforms you’re using now and ensure your newest addition plays well with your current setup.
The last thing you need is the frustration of dealing with technical glitches that slow down your sales pipeline and send frustrated would-be customers to the competition.
Checking compatibility at the outset will save you considerable time and money in the long run.
Odds and Ends
Aside from the factors already mentioned above, you’ll want to consider the following details when reviewing your sales funnel options:
- Pricing — Does this software fit your budget for the functions it performs?
- Scalability or growth potential — Will it accommodate your growth goals?
- Number of users per account — Is there an added cost per user?
- User education — Does the service provide helpful tutorials, white papers, etc.?
- Security — Do you own the content? What happens if the site goes down?
Top Picks for Sales Funnel Software
1. Avada Email Marketing
Avada Email Marketing is a beginner-friendly, email-focused, all-in-one automation tool. Designed for smaller eCommerce businesses, Avada specializes in helping you keep your customers engaged through multiple email campaigns.
- Drag-and-drop email builder with professional, pre-made templates
- Detailed reports for each marketing campaign
- Unlimited number of automated email campaigns
- Supports Shopify, Magento 2, and Bigcommerce
- Startup- and small-business friendly
- Limited to email marketing
- Free or $9 to $49/month
- Custom pricing available
- Book a free demo to see it in action
The folks behind ClickFunnels created this software with inexperienced users in mind. With its easy-to-use interface and drag-and-drop web page builder, along with its detailed tutorials, this well-known tool makes it easy to unite your marketing efforts on one page.
- Mobile-responsive web page builder
- All-in-one solution with in-depth analytics and A/B split testing
- Email marketing automation
- Email marketing funnel
- Integrates with Google Analytics
- Good visual representation of marketing efforts
- No 24/7 customer support
- Limited template selection
- Doesn’t support third-party web hosting
- 14-day free trial
- $97, $297 (Platinum), and $2,497/month (TwoCommaClubX)
Freelancers and small businesses love ConvertKit for its powerful subscriber management and segmentation. Users with a knack for technology and code may find this the most cost-effective tool for email marketing automation.
- Landing pages, link pages, and sign-up forms
- Email editor, subscriber management, and powerful sales funnels
- Detailed reports with in-depth analytics into customer behavior
- Offers a free plan
- Provides free courses on ConvertKit’s features
- No link-check, spell-check, preview, etc.
- Less user-friendly than MailChimp
- No drag-and-drop functionality
- Free or starting from $9 or $25/month
EngageBay offers free CRM automation software for small businesses and startups. With 50+ features and advanced sales tools, it’s one of the best and most affordable all-in-one options for solopreneurs and small enterprises with modest marketing budgets.
- Easy automation setup for email triggers
- Appointment scheduling with reminders and calendar integrations
- Predictive lead scoring highlights most engaged prospects
- Possible to call customers directly from the sales and CRM software
- Gamification with leaderboards incentivize engagement
- Limited number of integrations with third-party software
- Free for 15 users
- $11.99 to $63.99 per user per month
GetResponse covers everything from social media marketing to webinars to landing pages to email campaigns, making this a comprehensive all-in-one sales funnel management tool. Sell your products directly from GetResponse or integrate your account with the eCommerce platform of your choice.
- Provides a collection of professional newsletter and landing page templates
- Shows customer progress through your sales funnel stages
- Integrates with eCommerce platforms to streamline your sales process
- Free for 30 days
- Comprehensive all-in-one sales funnel solution
- You pay based on your number of contacts, so GetResponse can get pricey as you grow
- $12.30 to $81.18/month
- Custom pricing available
Designed for B2B and B2C tech companies, GrowSurf helps you sell your product and grow your business through your own personal referral program. It also gives you the option of motivating subscribers with milestone rewards.
- Automatic link generators
- Email automation
- Landing page builder
- Free trial available for any plan
- Integrates easily with other marketing tools
- Pricey for solopreneurs and startups
- $200 to $600/month
7. HubSpot Lead Management
HubSpot Lead Management starts with exceptional CRM software and builds on it, tying all your business’s marketing, sales, and customer service needs together on one multi-tasking platform.
- Landing page templates
- Email automation
- Plans start free
- Tailored for companies of every size
- Some users have reported a steep learning curve
- Starts free
- Plan rates vary depending on services bundled
Instapage is ideal for businesses needing software for building professional landing pages with A/B testing and unique features like personalization and heat maps.
- Built-in A/B testing with heat maps that show visitor behavior
- Seamless integration with Salesforce, Marketo, and 40+ other platforms
- Personalized landing page experience for each visitor
- Free 14-day trial
- Fairly complete as a landing page builder
- Not ideal for businesses needing more than a landing page builder
- As a landing page builder, it’s more expensive than Landingi
- Building: $199/month
- Converting: custom pricing
Kajabi — primarily an online course platform — has earned its reputation as the sales funnel builder with an all-in-one approach to monetizing what you know. From online courses to coaching to podcasts and more, Kajabi has everything you need to manage your marketing and sales from one user-friendly dashboard.
- Code-free, fully integrated, professional landing pages
- Website builder replaces WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, etc.
- Built-in shopping cart with zero transaction fees and customizable checkouts
- Built-in analytics replaces third party alternatives
- Payment platform integrates with PayPal and Stripe
- Pricey for small businesses and startups
- $119 to $319/month
Kartra is an all-in-one marketing platform designed as much for beginners as for advanced marketing software users. Account-holders receive a checklist that guides them through every step within their dashboard.
- CRM software with website and landing page builder
- Email marketing automation
- Video hosting and optimization tools
- Checklist makes it easy to work through the steps
- Training portal with helpful video tutorials
- Limited selection of templates and third-party integrations
- Limits video bandwidth usage
- 14-day trial for $1
- $99 to $499/month
Designed for smaller businesses, Keap is CRM software with marketing automation, a landing page builder, and related tools. It integrates smoothly with well-known eCommerce platforms and offers coaching services.
- Simple and easy-to-use visual sales funnel builder
- Easy integrations with Shopify, Magento, WordPress, etc.
- Plenty of options for building your marketing funnel
- May be pricey for small business marketing budgets
- Additional one-time payment of $499 for coaching
- $56 to $140/month
Landingi offers the fastest and easiest way to build high-converting, mobile-responsive landing pages. Since its main focus is landing pages, you’ll need other software for lead generation, email marketing automation, and comprehensive funnel-building.
- 400+ fully customizable and mobile-responsive templates
- Friendly, supportive customer service team with live chat option
- Seamless integration with other marketing tools
- Cost-effective product plans
- Integrations and sections are difficult to find
- Limited sales funnel building options
- $29 to $109/month
Leadpages is a cost-effective marketing tool for start-up and mid-sized businesses looking for help in building modern, high-converting websites and landing pages.
- Unlimited lead collection for every pricing plan
- Beautiful, customizable pre-built templates
- Drag-and-drop builder for landing pages and websites
- Pay the same regardless of the number of your subscribers
- Modernized and effective funnel template sections
- Not an all-in-one solution; no email marketing or automation
- Takes time to integrate with other essential marketing tools fully
- $37 (Standard Plan) to $74/month (Pro Plan)
- Contact for pricing on Advanced Plan
MailChimp’s free plan has all the basic tools you need to get your company’s marketing off the ground. Send as many as 10,000 emails a month to 2,500 subscribers at no cost. Paid plans provide essential tools for growing businesses.
- “Free forever” plan provides basic marketing automation tools
- User-friendly design tools and sales funnel templates
- Automated email messages sent at exactly the right moments
- “Free forever” plan with basic features for up to 2,000 contacts
- Limited customer support for lower pricing tiers
- Pricing goes up with the number of subscribers
- $9.99 to $299/month
Moosend’s standout feature is its omnichannel functionality. Add multiple channels — SMS, Facebook Messenger, email, push notifications, etc. — into the same automation workflow to maximize your reach and respond quickly to your customers.
- WYSIWYG drag-and-drop visual builder and templates
- Free plan for basic email marketing
- Customer behavior analysis with personalized newsletters
- Free forever plan available with premium features
- Detailed marketing analytics and reporting
- Less user-friendly interface than some other options
- Free or starting at $8/month
- Custom pricing available
As an add-on that integrates well with automation software (like HubSpot, ActiveCampaign, etc.) PlusThis® is a great resource for smaller business owners not wanting to sacrifice quality or innovation for budget-friendliness.
- Over 60 tools you can add to your marketing automation
- Automated registration and follow-up for webinars
- Expiring offers and content (with countdown timers)
- Personalized ads based on each customer’s position in your campaign
- Free 30-day trial for any plan
- Some users have found the pricing complicated or confusing
- $39 to $129/month
SamCart is suitable for selling physical and digital products and enables you to create an optimized checkout page experience for your customers.
- Articles and videos for user education
- Accessible service via live chat and email
- Customize checkout with upsell offers and order bump options
- Affiliate marketing for product promotion
- 14-day free trial with every plan
- User-friendly with excellent support videos and articles
- Supports only PayPal and Stripe and doesn’t offer sales tax calculation
- Pricey for small businesses and start-ups
- $39 to $159/month
- Custom pricing available
Designed specifically for entrepreneurs, Systeme.io is an all-in-one marketing software package that includes a sales funnel builder, an autoresponder, business automation, dropshipping services, and more to get you started.
- Build automated sales funnels and landing pages in under a minute
- Built-in, customizable email autoresponder
- Well-suited to making online courses
- Free forever plan with up to 2,000 contacts and up to 3 sales funnels
- Unlimited emailing and unlimited membership site members
- Limited design flexibility
- No integrations with external tools and services
- $27 to $97/month
ThriveCart makes the best shopping cart software, allowing you to customize the checkout and sales page, no matter what you’re selling. The user-friendly platform integrates seamlessly with all well-known payment gateways.
- Customization features
- Built-in local sales tax calculation
- High-converting one-click upsell funnels
- 99% uptime guaranteed
- Flexible subscriptions
- Recurring sales
- No free plan or trial offer
- Not an all-in-one sales funnel solution
- Special Offer: Lifetime Account for a one-time payment of $495
ThriveSuite gives you all the standout features of high-converting sales funnel software at just $30 a month (or $19 with the annual payment option).
- Instant drag-and-drop page editing
- Landing page templates that don’t require design or coding skills
- Pre-built lead generation tools and conversion rate boosters
- Best option for startups and SMEs
- Best option for businesses selling courses online
- Thrive theme
- Thrive leads
- Doesn’t provide email marketing and automation
- No free trial available
- $19/month paid annually or $30 month-to-month
WishPond focuses on four essential marketing tools: a landing page builder, lead generation tools like popups and forms, contests and promotions, and marketing automation.
- Well-built templates and drag and drop functionality for landing pages, etc.
- Lead-categorization and segmentation for personalization
- Marketing automation with customization and A/B testing
- Unlimited landing pages
- Integrates with MailChimp, Active Campaign, etc.
- Not a complete all-in-one sales funnel solution
- The start plan is priced low but has significant limits
- Request a demo for plan and pricing info.
Which Sales Funnel Software Options Fit Your Business?
A sales funnel is essential to your business, and you need sales funnel software to build beautiful, streamlined sales funnels.
You want your buyer’s journey to be a seamless customer experience.
Now that you’ve looked through all of our top picks for sales funnel management solutions, which ones made your shortlist?
Choose one and watch those conversions skyrocket!