You may have heard that Kajabi is an excellent online course platform, but would still like a comprehensive Kajabi review.
After all, eLearning is a booming multi-billion dollar industry, so why wouldn’t you want to be part of the multitudes of online course creators raking in the big bucks?
But, is Kajabi really as great as everyone says? Is it worth the hefty price tag for the all-in-one online course platform?
Well, sit back, grab the chips and salsa, and settle in because we’re going to tell you everything you need to know about Kajabi.
Ready? Let’s go!
What is Kajabi?
With it, you can build, market, sell and deliver online courses with Kajabi’s all-in-one features.
It comes with an integrated and powerful website builder with blogging capabilities in one central hub. Plus, you get custom domains too!
Kajabi offers integrated payment gateways such as PayPal and Stripe, keeping you in charge of your earnings – and Kajabi lets you keep it all.
Kajabi also offers a robust analytics “command room” so you can keep track of various metrics of your online course, a CRM that lets you collect customer insight, and a Kajabi app for your mobile Kajabi users.
With a different platform, you have to use a slew of various third-party tools such as:
- WordPress for your blog and website
- Clickfunnels for your landing pages and sales funnels
- Convertkit for your email marketing campaign
This is where Kajabi’s all-in-one features come in. You get everything under one roof!
Kajabi Review – What’s Great & What’s Not
Kajabi gives you a ton of features, including excellent sales and marketing tools. But Kajabi isn’t perfect. Let’s take a look at Kajabi’s pros and cons.
- Custom domain as part of your own website
- Multiple course formats like online courses, mini-courses, evergreen training, and memberships
- Customization options to brand your website or business
- Automated marketing tools
- Blogging capabilities
- Create multiple marketing funnels
- Built-in community platform and assessments features
- Multiple payment options for students
- Wistia for seamless uploading and streaming of videos
- 24/7 customer support
- No free plan
- Not as flexible as WordPress
- No discussion forums
- No affiliate program with Kajabi’s Basic Plan
- No completion certificates (you’ll need third-party integrations)
- No multi-tenancy option
- No support for SCORM or xAPI/TinCan
- Landing page templates are limited
- No advanced quizzing capabilities
- Higher price than competitors
How Much Does Kajabi Cost?
Kajabi offers 3 pricing plans, but they’re structured a bit differently than other platform pricing plans.
With Kajabi, you get access to some of their best course creation features no matter which pricing plan you choose. Rather, Kajabi’s pricing is based on their marketing features.
Here are some key features you get with all of the Kajabi pricing plans include:
- Unlimited video hosting
- Unlimited bandwidth
- No transaction fees
- Real-time analytics
- Sales funnel builder
- Content dripping
- Unlimited landing pages
- Unlimited marketing emails
Let’s take a closer look at Kajabi’s plans. (For a comprehensive review of Kajabi pricing, take a look here.)
The Basic Plan: ($149/month; $119 if you pay yearly)
- Three products
- Three sales pipelines
- 1000 active members
The Growth Plan: $199/month; $159 if you pay yearly)
- 15 products
- 15 sales pipelines
- 10,000 active members
The Pro Plan: ( $399/month; $319 if you pay yearly)
- 100 products
- 100 pipelines
- 20,000 active members
It’s okay if you want to try the Kajabi platform out before you go for your wallet – they offer a 14-day free trial for all of their plans.
Let’s move on to Kajabi’s key features.
Kajabi’s Key Features
Powerful Course Creation
Kajabi has world-class tools for uploading and structuring your content, uploading videos, adding quizzes, and a place for you and your students to interact.
Professional Course Content Delivery
While other platforms offer only one theme, Kajabi gives you more than 10 themes to suit your course style, theme, brand, and course organization. Besides text and images, you can also add videos.
Excellent Community Support
Kajabi not only lets your students add comments to lessons but also lets you create a community forum, either as part of your course or as a standalone product.
With Kajabi, blogging becomes a cakewalk! You can add a blog post to your site, create new posts and add content with the text editor. You can customize the look of your blog homepage and individual posts.
Checkout Pages & Upsells
Upselling can be pretty powerful, and Kajabi puts you in charge of your product’s upselling, cross-selling, and order bumps on the checkout page.
Automated Email Marketing
With Kajabi’s automation in your email marketing campaigns, you can move users between different email sequences, conduct targeted campaigns based on user’s actions, create and send discount coupons to new subscribers, and much more.
You can do your marketing yourself. From placing online ads to conducting email campaigns, you control it all with Kajabi.
Working With Affiliates
Why not let affiliates do the heavy lifting for you?
Give them an attractive commission %, and they’ll promote your course for you! Besides, you’ll have total control over the process.
Kajabi lets you create a seamless affiliate program.
Affiliate marketing tools
Kajabi lets you:
- Add affiliates
- Create affiliate share links
- Choose courses to be promoted
- Select a commission %
- Track performance
- Export affiliates’ payout reports
- Send announcements to affiliates
However, there are some things you should know here.
You get the affiliate tools only with Kajabi’s Growth Plan ($199/month).
On the other hand, with other online course platforms, you’ll have to use – and pay for – third-party affiliate tools.
Marketing and Sales Features
What sets Kajabi apart from other online course platforms is its complete suite of tools to handle your marketing while building your audience online.
Kajabi’s competitors provide only essential features needed to sell courses and process payments.
So, what do you get with Kajabi? Landing pages? Check! Sales funnels? Check! Creating email marketing campaigns? It’s all there!
Let’s check them out!
Sales Pipeline Builder
Kajabi’s Sales Pipeline Builder is the easiest and quickest platform for creating sales funnels.
It lets you:
- Create your own sales funnel from scratch or choose from a collection of built-in pipeline templates
- Create an entire marketing funnel without ever leaving the platform
- Create standalone landing pages to market your course
- Take your pick from more than 20 landing page templates
- Create opt-in forms to use as popups or embed in your blogs
With the platform’s own Kajabi Email, it’s easy to create professional, attractive, and high-converting email campaigns fast.
Take a look at some of Kajabi’s email marketing features:
- Create automated email sequences that are dispatched based on a user’s actions
- Unlimited number of emails on one email sequence
- Control of the time and date for sending the email
- Create segments and tag users to make your email campaigns more effective
- Automate your email marketing with Kajabi Automation
All in all, what Kajabi offers in the way of sales and marketing features surpasses its competitors by a wide margin!
But what if things start going south and you need help?
That’s when you need…
Kajabi’s Excellent Customer Support
With Kajabi’s customer support, you can get help no matter what the problem is, 24/7.
Stuck with a technicality? Want to ask more about a specific technical issue?
Just reach out to Customer Support over chat! It’s that easy. By getting help through chat, you get immediate assistance.
Apart from the customer support, you also get:
- In-depth tutorials: Learn how to get the best out of Kajabi
- Hero University: Learn about starting your first online course, marketing your products, and more, all at your own pace
- Kajabi Hero: A program that rewards and motivates a course creator who reaches a specific revenue goal
- Facebook user community: Besides getting your questions answered here, this is an excellent place for networking
Alternatives to Kajabi
Now that you know about Kajabi, let’s talk about some alternatives. After all, Kajabi does have a steep price tag, and there are other great online course platforms out there.
Here are a few notable choices for a Kajabi alternative. (You can check out more of them here.)
Teachable is a popular online course platform that offers many ways to customize your course.
Teachable offers an integrated affiliate program, built-in email marketing, third-party integrations, and drip content.
You also get a custom domain, reporting and analytics tools, instant payout via PayPal and Stripe, and there are no course transaction fees.
Thinkific is another popular online course platform with terrific features.
One thing that sets Thinkific apart from other course platforms is its truly free plan – as opposed to a 14-day free trial period – although you get that, too, with their paid plans.
With Thinkific, you can host multiple content types, create an affiliate program, award completion certificates, and more. And, there are no transaction fees to worry about!
(Want to know how much Thinkific costs? Take a look at our comprehensive overview of Thinkific’s pricing plans here.)
Xperiencify is all about increasing course completion rates by using gamification and psychological triggers to create better student engagement.
Xperiencify is revolutionizing online course creation by awarding students points and fostering an environment of curiosity and healthy competition.
To Sum Up
So is Kajabi the right online course platform for you?
As you have seen, it has every possible tool and automation you need to build and market your course – all in one place.
And yes, it costs more than other online course platforms, but you can save the money that you’d be shelling out for third-party integrations.
So what’re you waiting for? Try out Kajabi today, one of the best online course platforms there is!