26 Marketing Analytics Tools to Increase Your ROI in 2022!
If you want your digital marketing campaigns to be successful, you need marketing analytics tools.
You need to measure the results of your marketing efforts and understand the data to make better marketing decisions.
The good news is that it’s not that difficult to analyze your marketing activity.
Find — and fix — marketing performance problems.
And turn your data into profit.
In this post, we’ll show you the best marketing analytics software available for every budget — even if you’re just starting out.
Let’s get going.
What Are Marketing Analytics Tools?
You may know that digital marketing analytics is the process of tracking and reviewing data from various channels.
- ROAS — Return On Ad Spend
- ROMI — Return On Marketing Investment
- CLP — Classification, Labeling, and Packaging
- CPC — Cost-Per-Click
- ROI — Return On Investment
But not all tools are alike. Some do one thing exceptionally well, while others have a broad range of functionality.
For instance, event-based tools analyze user clicks on a platform, app, or website.
Other tools offer actionable insights on ad campaigns. They may even implement the insights with no manual efforts involved.
So how do you choose the right digital marketing tool for your business?
The first step is to define your marketing objectives. Some common objectives are:
- Shorten the sales cycle
- Improve efficiency and productivity
- Better financial performance
- Improve customer experiences
- Reduce the percentage of lost sales
So, as you read this post, think about your goals. It will make your decision process easier.
Types of Marketing Analytics
Most companies make marketing decisions based on the following three types of analytics.
- Descriptive analytics examine what has happened in a business
- Predictive analytics aim to answer the “what could happen” question
- Prescriptive analytics (often used in marketing automation) provide recommendations for possible outcomes
And marketers generally work within the following categories:
- Web analytics
- Social media marketing analytics
- Lead generation and attribution
- SEO (search engine optimization) analytics
- Email marketing analytics
The best part is, it doesn’t matter how you generate leads and drive sales.
Maybe you concentrate on SEO to help prospects find you through organic search. Promote posts on Facebook. Or use Google Adwords to attract people to your website.
In other words, there are tools for any kind of digital marketing strategy you want to try.
Let’s take a look.
Marketing Analytics Tools
Woopra is advanced marketing analytics software. Analyze and visualize customer actions based on web activity, device type, payments, support, email activity, and more.
- Track alternative customer paths with Optional Steps
- Use Formulas to create custom metrics and augment data
- Build individual profiles in real-time
- Get new insights with Trends reports
- 60 third-party integrations
- Deep data analysis of your customer’s journey
- Core: Free
- Startup: $349/month
- Pro: $999/month
- Enterprise: Contact Woopra
2. Emplifi (formerly Social Bakers)
Capitalize on the explosion in social commerce with Emplifi’s unified Customer Experience (CX) platform. A TikTok Marketing partner.
- Live video shopping with Emplifi ShopStream
- Personalized guidance with Shop Clerk
- AI-driven social media scheduler
- AI recommendations for best posting times and which posts to promote
- Presentation-ready social analytics reports
- Powering customer service and care experiences
- Essential: From $200/month
- Smart: Try & Buy (Price on request)
- Automated emails and workflows
- 500+ app integrations
- Automated contact relationship management database
- Inbound marketing education through HubSpot Academy
- CRM with in-depth insights into contacts
- Helping sales, service, and marketing teams work collaboratively
- Starter: Starts at $45/month
- Professional: Starts at $800/month
- Enterprise: Starts at $3,200/month
Want to build your brand awareness or host virtual events on a platform with over 810 million users?
Oribi, a Tel Aviv startup known for helping small businesses optimize their data, was recently acquired by LinkedIn, signaling LinkedIn’s intent to provide more marketing analytics and insights.
- Codeless analytics capabilities
- Automated tags measure website conversions
- Privacy-first design
- Optimizing the ROI of your advertising strategy on LinkedIn
Oribi is now part of the LinkedIn platform
- Pre-built rules and logic
- Ad-hoc analysis with Data Explorer
- Easily import data from Google Sheets or Excel
- 500+ platform integrations
- Send data to visualization solutions and data warehouses
- Maximizing returns on advertising spend
- Essentials: From $399/month (billed annually)
- Plus: From $999/month (billed annually)
- Enterprise: From $1,999/month (billed annually)
- Clip and queue text/images as you find them
- Send tweets at the perfect time
- Include a first comment when you share Instagram posts
- Plan and set reminders for Stories and TikTok videos
- Labels and hotkeys help you skip to important comments
- Essentials: $5/month per social channel
- Team: $10/month per social channel
- Agency: $100/month for 10 social channels
- No-limit conversion periods
- Cohort reports
- Customer profiles
- Testing/staging sandboxes
- Group contact lists
- Tracking effective marketing channels
- Silver: $299/month (billed annually)
- Gold: $499/month (billed annually)
- Platinum: Custom (billed annually)
- Built-in email templates
- A/B testing
- Auto responders
- Trigger-based emails
- CAN-SPAM compliance
- Sending email messages to a list of “warm” clients
- Free: $0
- Standard: $6.40/month
- Pro: $7.68/month
- Enterprise: $10.75/month
- Prebuilt widgets
- Push API
- Real-time reports
- All-in-one white label dashboards
- TV mode allows dashboard rotation
- Importing offline or proprietary data with custom widgets
- Starter: $19/month
- Standard: $29/month
- Pro: $49/month
- Premier: $89/month
Ninjacat’s fast performance reporting is trusted by media companies, digital agencies, and multi-location businesses alike.
- Budget monitoring with personalized alerts
- Call tracking international number from over 100 countries
- Streamlined ppc reporting functionality
- 750+ data sources and universal API
- Global filters and metrics
- SEO reporting, PPC reporting, and budget monitoring
Average Range: $999-2,599/month. Contact Ninjacat.
Popular and versatile AWeber claims to have invented the email autoresponder. Paying customers get access to all their features from day one.
- A/B split testing
- Email web analytics track clicks
- Direct integration with Canva
- 3 mobile apps (stats, lead capture on the go, email curation)
- Smart email designer creates ready-to-send email templates
- Email marketing
- AWeber Free: $0 (up to 500 email subscribers)
- AWeber Pro: Starting at $16.15/month (0-500 email subscribers)
- Contact AWeber for 25,000+ subscribers
Mixpanel tracks user behavior for both your site and your product. A beginner-friendly platform used by over 26,000 companies from different industries, including Expedia, Uber, and Ancestry..
- Identify a user with a unique ID for tracking
- Query any event in your project’s history
- Create graphs with a few clicks
- Sync custom audiences with additional marketing tools
- Build retroactive funnels and analyze conversion rates on the fly
- Hyper-targeted event tracking
- Free: $0 (100K monthly tracked users)
- Growth: Starting at $25/month
- Enterprise: Contact Mixpanel
Enhance your brand visibility and trust with Rebrandly, the industry-leading link management marketing analytics platform. Brand, track, and share short URLs using a custom domain name. Includes all technical setup.
- Fast redirects
- High-volume links
- 301 SEO direct
- Server-to-server clickstream
- Tiny URL alternative
- Branded link management
- Free: $0
- Starter: $29/month
- Pro: $89/month
- Premium: $499/month
- Enterprise: Contact Rebrandly
Heap collects granular data on your customers without manual tagging, then shows you how to make improvements. No setup or engineering required.
- Codeless capture of interactions and events
- Entry and exit pages
- Access to complete historical data
- Slice and dice funnels by user and properties
- Tracking user events and conversions
- Free: $0
- Growth: Starting at $3,600 annually
- Pro: Contact Heap
- Premier: Contact Heap
Recognized by Forrester and Gartner, Domo specializes in business intelligence (BI) and data visualization. Clients include the NBA, Cisco, Zillow, Unilever, and ESPN.
- 1,000+ pre-built data connectors
- Magic ETL
- Control embedded content analytics with bi-directional filter parameters
- Fully self-service ad-hoc analysis
- Create your own low-code apps
- Enhancing productivity for C-Level executives
Not published. Contact Domo.
Made for marketers, Datorama is an AI-powered analytics tool from Salesforce. No data expert needed.
- Einstein Marketing Insights
- Connect data using LiteConnect, TotalConnect, or APIConnect
- No-code Data Pipeline (Hevo Data)
- Support for 100+ data sources
- Extract data from SAP Hana, AWS, Oracle, Vertica, and SQL server
- Increasing productivity
- Starter: Starting at $3,000/month (billed annually)
- Growth: Starting at $10,000/month (billed annually)
- Plus: Contact Salesforce
- Access over 21 billion keywords for 130 countries
- Generate a custom content brief in a few clicks
- Run in-depth website audits based on 130+ checks
- Position Tracking tool
- Keyword Gap tool
- Pro: $99.95/month
- Guru: $191.62/month
- Business: $374.95/month
Eliminate engineering busywork with Fivetran, a comprehensive ELT (extract, load, transform) tool. Replicate everything with zero configuration and schemas.
- Battle-tested connectors
- SOC2 and GDPR compliance
- 150+ data connectors
- Normalized schemas
- Incremental batch updates
- Reducing the data engineering workload
- Starter: $120 est. monthly spend
- Standard Select: $60 est. monthly spend
- Enterprise: $240 est. monthly spend
- Business Critical: Contact Fivetran
Over 60,000 B2B companies trust Leadfeeder’s data accuracy. Score and filter leads based on your own criteria, including demographics, browsing behavior, and geography.
- Trace IP addresses of site visitors
- Identify decision makers in contacts database
- 100% uptime in the year 2021
- Instant website visitor alerts via email or Slack
- Send prospects to your CRM and assign them to your sales team
- Lead generation
- Lite: $0
- Premium: $79/month
BuzzSumo simplifies SEO. Uncover the secrets of content success through four key components: Content Discovery, Content Research, Media Monitoring, and Influencer Research.
- Partners with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Reddit
- Monitors mentions and creates media coverage reports
- Index with 8 billion articles
- Content Analyzer identifies top sharers and average retweets
- Journalist Profiles reveal commonly covered topics and most shared articles
- Discovering new keywords and customer questions
- Free: $0
- Pro: $99/month
- Plus: $179/month
- Large: $299/month
Enterprise: Contact BuzzSumo
21. Amplitude Analytics
Amplitude is an event-based analytics platform built for SaaS businesses. Good choice for product managers. Used by Instacart, Shopify, and Pepsico.
- Track how regular users are turning into power users
- Add 10 product-specific events to any analysis
- Create specific user groups in Segmentation Module
- Determine users who tend to fire certain events
- Tracking customer behavior based on events
- Starter: Free
- Growth: Contact Sales
- Enterprise: Contact Sales
22. Adobe Analytics
Built for large enterprises, Adobe Analytics collects data from multiple channels, including web, voice, and IoT (Internet of Things). A consistent leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant and Forrester Waves.
- Server-side data processing
- Next-generation Launch tag management system
- 200+ integrations in Adobe Experience Cloud Exchange
- Data Scheduling, Data Warehousing, Analytics API, and Report Builder
- Segment data by domain names, URL platforms, patterns, directories, and more
- Data capture from any source
Can vary anywhere between $30,000 and $350,000+ per year. No free version.
23. Ruler Analytics
Ruler Analytics is an unparalleled call tracking and marketing attribution platform based in the UK. Ideal for marketing agencies and professional services organizations.
- Track form submissions, phone calls, live chat conversations, and more
- Upload offline campaign costs (conferences, events, direct marketing)
- View marketing spend breakdown taken directly from your keyword data
- Tracking customer journeys
- Start-up Plan: $149/month
- Business Plan: $216/month
- Enterprise: Contact Ruler Analytics
- No free version
24. Google Analytics
You probably know that Google Analytics has lots of free features. But are you taking advantage of the free ones listed below?
- Generate custom campaign parameters with URL builders
- Choose goals (destination, duration, event, etc.) for specific pages of your website
- Audience Reports reveal user interests, including desired product categories
- Behavior Flow Reports portray how visitors went from one event or page to the next
- Follow every step in the customer journey with flow visualization
- Traffic reporting and conversion tracking
25. Sprout Social
Sprout Social is a full-service social media marketing tool trusted by 30,000 brands, including Shopify and Unicef. Recognized by G2, Capterra, and TrustRadius. Unmatched social listening capabilities.
- Track mentions of your brand, your competitors, or selected keywords
- See what types of campaigns are working in real-time
- Customize your post to meet best practices of different social networks
- Group Smart Inbox social messages by client
- Managing multiple social media accounts
- Standard: $99/month
- Professional: $169/month
- Advanced: $279/month
- No free version
Matomo is the leading open source web analytics software. Used on more than one million websites in 200 countries. Recommended for internal data measurement such as intranet community data.
- Tweak the platform to your needs with 250+ settings
- Create new plugins and themes
- 75+ free plugins
- Full control of your data and protecting data privacy
- On-Premise: $0/month
- Cloud: $23/month
- 21-day free Cloud trial. No credit card required.
Reach Your Goals Faster With Marketing Analytics Tools
So now you know the top tools to help you make smarter decisions. Make fewer mistakes.
And ultimately, make more money with less marketing effort.
Your next step? Just pick an analytics solution that appeals to you. It doesn’t matter which one.
What matters is taking action now.
Don’t forget to bookmark this post for future reference. And enjoy growing your business with marketing analytics tools!