46 eCommerce Marketing Tools for eCommerce Stores in 2023!
If you're an eCommerce marketer, running an eCommerce store without eCommerce marketing tools is like playing soccer without the right cleats.
Use the right tool, and your chances of success dramatically improve.
Don’t, and your eCommerce business will go down in flames.
And, sure, there are tons of eCommerce SaaS tools, ranging from simple to complex.
But while this sounds overwhelming, we’re going to take the pain out of finding free or paid marketing tools that suit your business no matter your skill level.
So, in this article, we outline 47 eCommerce marketing tools that will allow you to create high-quality eCommerce websites and execute your eCommerce marketing channels efficiently.
eCommerce Website Builders
The 'e' in eCommerce indicates having a website to market your goods and services is essential.
It needs to be functional enough to meet your customers' needs. Let's explore some sites that help you build operational stores.
Squarespace is an all-in-one eCommerce marketing tool. It’s excellent for making eCommerce websites, personal blogs, and business websites.
- Beautiful and modern templates
- Decent pricing plan
- Extra tools available such as Video Maker, Logo Maker, and email marketing tools
- External App integrations
Squarespace offers the following pricing plans:
- Personal - $14 monthly
- Business - $23 monthly
- Commerce (Basic) - $27 monthly
- Commerce (Advanced) - $49 monthly
Pixpa is a tool for building impressive portfolio websites. It also has a solid eCommerce website-building tool that eases eCommerce marketing automation.
- Modern and responsive templates
- Very affordable pricing plans
- User-friendly and easy-to-use
Pixpa offers the following pricing plans after a 15-day trial:
- Light - $5 monthly
- Personal - $10 monthly
- Expert - $15 monthly
- Business - $24 monthly
Wix is another website-building platform that excels at creating eCommerce stores. It allows you to manage and tailor your web presence to suit your taste.
- Friendly user interface
- AI Website builder
- Customization control
- Wix in-built payment integration
Wix offers the following pricing plans:
- Basic - $4.50 monthly
- Combo - $8.50 monthly
- Unlimited - $12.50 monthly
- VIP - $24.50 monthly
Building the right eCommerce platform is eCommerce marketing 101.
Here are some tools that offer you the ability to create platforms specifically catering to eCommerce customers.
BigCommerce is a hosted eCommerce tool that provides users with an online store to sell their products without a domain name.
- Sell an unlimited number of goods
- Shipping options
- Drag-and-drop page builder
- Payment Gateway Integrations
- Unlimited staff accounts
- Customizable HTML and CSS
BigCommerce offers a trial period; then, users can request a pricing plan directly from the company.
Shopify enables anyone to create an eCommerce store without writing a single line of code.
- Mobile-friendly design templates
- Inbuilt payment system
- An app store abundant with addons
- 24/7 support
- Basic Shopify - $26 monthly
- Shopify - $71 monthly
- Advanced Shopify - $266 monthly
WooCommerce is a plugin for WordPress that turns your WordPress site into an effective eCommerce store.
- Access to a wide range of plugins
- Broader customization of the eCommerce setup
- Numerous free and paid templates
WooCommerce is free. But a domain name costs about $12 per year. And its hosting service costs about $5-$25 per month.
eCommerce Tools for Content Marketing
Content marketing is an essential part of eCommerce marketing. These content marketing tools will take your content marketing to the next level.
7. Google Docs
Google Docs is an integrated online word processing software available to all users with a Google account.
- Cloud storage
- Free to use
- Seamless integration with third-party apps and web browser extensions
Google Docs is free.
Grammarly is a writing/editing software. It scans your written content for grammatical mistakes and provides corrections and suggestions.
- Real-time grammar and vocabulary correction
- Easy integrations with word processors
- Cloud storage
Grammarly offers three plans that provide additional services as the cost increases:
- Grammarly Free - $0
- Grammarly Business - starting at $12.50 per member, monthly
- Grammarly Premium - $30 monthly and $144 yearly when billed as one payment
Canva is an all-in-one solution for creating visual content — images and videos. Canva provides different templates that give its users a direction when designing.
- Web-based graphic designer with cloud storage feature.
- Drag and drop feature ensures that you can finish a design in a few clicks
- 50,000 free templates
- A library of free stock photos, icons, and fonts
- Canva Free - $0
- Canva Pro - $12.99 monthly
- Canva Enterprise - $30 monthly
10. Vocal Video
The convincing power of testimonial videos is undeniable. Vocal Video offers users the ability to make video testimonials in less time and considerably less effort.
- Video collection
- Video hosting
- Starter - $33
- Team - $99
- Pro - $299
- Enterprise - Custom Pricing
Photopea is an online photo editor software similar to Adobe editing software and can serve as an alternative to Adobe Photoshop photo editor.
- Comprehensive editing features
- Users can create accounts
- Integration with Google Drive storage
- Accessible from any browser on any device
- Premium plan - $3.33 a month
eCommerce Tools for Email Marketing
Email marketing is an efficient way to stay top of mind and keep your existing customers engaged.
Here’s a lineup of some of the best tools to use for your email campaign.
Mailchimp's all-in-one marketing platform is replete with tools and features to help small businesses execute faster and more intelligent email marketing campaigns.
- Flexible pricing
- Landing page creation tools
- Email marketing software and robust analytics
- Easy reporting
- Ads management
Mailchimp's flexible pricing accommodates businesses of any size:
- Mailchimp Free - $0
- Mailchimp Essentials - starts at $11
- Mailchimp Standard - starts at $17
- Mailchimp Premium - starts at $299
The Omnisend email marketing platform has all the email marketing features that enhance your eCommerce marketing strategy.
- Email marketing automation
- Popup forms
- Audience segmentation
- Reporting and analytics
Omnisend's pricing plans include:
- Omnisend Free - $0
- Omnisend Standard - $16
- Omnisend Pro - $56
14. Active Campaign
Active Campaign has over 800+ integrations. It offers email marketing automation and CRM software solutions to improve your marketing effort.
- Email marketing tools
- Marketing automation and robust analytics
- Customer relations management features
- Compatible with B2B marketing, B2C, and eCommerce efforts
The plans for Active Campaign are billed monthly as:
- Active Campaign Lite - $15
- Active Campaign Plus - $70
- Active Campaign Professional - $189
- Active Campaign Enterprise - $323
15. Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor is a best-in-class email marketing software (our perspective). It allows businesses to create tailored automated emails based on customer actions.
- Email marketing
- Link review
- Marketing automation
- Analytics and reporting
- Wide range of integrations with other tools
Campaign Monitor offers three monthly packages, which include:
- Basic - $9 monthly
- Unlimited - $29 monthly
- Premier - $149 monthly
GetResponse is a powerful email tool with top-notch eCommerce marketing automation. Users can also create landing pages.
- Email marketing tools (analytics, list management)
- Landing page creation and website builder
- Webinar creation and management
- Social media ads management
- Marketing automation
- Sales funnel management
GetResponse's monthly pricings are:
- Free - $0.00
- Basic - starting at $12.3 for 1000 contacts
- Plus - starting at $40.18 for 1000 contacts
- Professional - starting at $81.18 1000 contacts
Klaviyo is an email marketing platform that specializes in email and SMS marketing. Klaviyo improves your eCommerce marketing with its exciting features.
- Email marketing management
- SMS management
- Robust eCommerce Analytics and ROI reportage
- Facebook Ads Management
- Responsive Email Design
- Easy Integrations
Klaviyo allows you to use its onsite calculator to estimate your pricing. That way, you can customize how much you pay for their software monthly.
eCommerce Tools for Social Media
Social media marketing is a critical path for a business and its customers.
Companies with eCommerce platforms will find social media incredibly invaluable to their marketing efforts.
Tools for managing your social media efforts include:
Buffer helps social media managers manage a social media platform from one place.
- Social Media planning and publishing
- Straightforward collaboration with team members
- Digital engagement tracking
- Social media analytics
- Landing page/microsite builder
Buffer's monthly pricing includes:
- Free - $0
- Essentials - starting at $5 per social media channel
- Team - starting at $10 per social media channel
- Agency - starts at $100 for (with an additional $5 for extra accounts)
BuzzSumo is a PR and Media tool that provides content monitoring and improved search solutions across the internet. BuzzSumo keeps its users on top of trending topics at each point in time.
- Content monitoring
- Cloud-based software that can run from any device
- API integrations with your favorite social media tools
BuzzSumo offers the following pricing plans:
- Free - $0
- Pro - $99 monthly
- Plus - 179 monthly
- Large - $299 monthly
20. Facebook Ads
Facebook Ads (now Meta) is one of the internet's most prominent social networks, with nearly 2.9 million users. It is an excellent place to use ads to attract customers whose problems you can solve.
eCommerce platforms have gained tremendous success from Facebook marketing campaigns over the years by running Facebook Ads.
- AI-supported detailed targeting options (behavioral, demographic, geographic and interest targeting)
- Adjustable audience size
- Ad retargeting and automation
- Custom audience integration
- Campaign types options
- Flexible advertising rates
Prices for running ads vary depending on different advertising plans. However, all advertising starts at $10
Hootsuite, like Buffer, allows users to access different social media platforms from one place.
Hootsuite also enables admins to work in teams. Hootsuite supports Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, and Pinterest.
- All-in-one dashboard for different accounts
- Social media post scheduler
- Monitor various social media accounts for insights, engagements, traffic, etc.
- Suitable for Social Media Customer Relationship Management
- Professional - starting at $49 a month
- Team - starting at $149 a month
- Business - starting at $729 a month
- Enterprise - Contact for pricing
NapoleonCat is an easy-to-use social media management tool. With the added feature of managing Google My Business, NapoleonCat is a great tool to have in your eCommerce marketing arsenal.
- Social inbox to access all social media messages from one inbox
- Content scheduler
- Social media analytics
NapoleonCat offers a pay-as-you-use approach to pricing:
- Standard - $24 per month, billed annually for three profiles and one user
- Pro - $48 per month, billed annually for three profiles and one user
- Custom - Contact for pricing
eCommerce Tools for Analytics
Companies use analytics to measure and interpret data gotten from website events.
Making sense of the data can lead to better customer understanding. This knowledge helps businesses gain maximum profit from their eCommerce platforms.
Some of the best eCommerce tools for analytics are:
23. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a free software created by Google to track the amount and quality of traffic pulled to their website.
Google Analytics is so robust that beginners and experts alike can gain immense value from its use. It records events, from website browsing to signups to cart abandonment on eCommerce platforms.
- Website data analytics
- High-quality reportage
- Live analytics
Google Analytics, like all other Google products, is free.
Kissmetrics is a marketing analytics software. It provides users with the essential information to convert visitors to loyal customers.
- Revenue reporting
- Detailed customer activity report
- Key metrics display and reporting
- Sales funnel data
- Advanced BI reporting
Kissmetrics plans are annual. Users can also schedule a free demo to test out the product.
Prices start at:
- Kissmetrics Silver - $299 per year
- Kissmetrics Gold - $499 per year
- Kissmetrics Platinum - Custom pricing
Conversific is an analytics tool dedicated to eCommerce sites like Shopify & WooCommerce. It gathers data, optimizes traffic, and grows online sales. Conversific is excellent for data-centric businesses.
- Reports - all critical metrics in one place
- Benchmarking - performance comparison against peers in the industry
- Insights - tailored recommendations based on your data
- Analytics - of your product & customers
Conversific has different plans that support various features. They are:
- Free - $0
- Business - $29 per month
- Growth - $79 per month
- Scale - $199 per month
The platform started as a link shortener. Now, Bitly lets you create your customizable links to track on their platform.
- Link shortening and branding
- Audience intelligence
- Tracking individual link analytics
- Performance insights
- Campaign performance measurement
- It gives context to the click
- Optimize your marketing efforts
Bitly has a free plan alongside the paid plans listed below:
- Basic - $29 monthly
- Premium - $199 monthly
- Enterprise - Custom pricing
eCommerce Tools for Optimization
To ensure the steady growth of your eCommerce platform, it is essential to optimize your website.
Here are some tools you can use:
CrazyEgg is an optimization tool that tracks user behavior. It also tracks potential customer activity on your website.
- Visual heat map of where customers have been
- Comprehensive data analytics and reportage
- A/B testing
- Click reports
- Shopify integration
- Basic - $24 monthly
- Standard - $49 monthly
- Plus - $99 monthly
- Pro - $249 monthly
Hotjar collates information from users on your website. You can use the data from Hotjar to improve your digital marketing campaign.
- Site user heatmaps
- User session recordings
- Real-time data reporting
- User suggestion box
Hotjar offers a free plan with the following price plans:
- Plus - $31 monthly
- Business - $79 monthly
- Scale - $311 monthly
Optimizely improves the digital marketing efforts of websites. The platform achieves this through customer data analysis, multivariate testing, web personalization, and content management.
- Content management system (CMS)
- Authoring & layout
- Visitor targeting
- Inventory & order management (useful for eCommerce optimization)
- A/B testing
- Web apps deployment
- Optimizely has not set specific pricing plans yet. You can request pricing plans from the company here.
Optimonk is a popup management tool essential for tracking potential customers on your website.
- Split testing
- Visitor behavior monitoring
- Integrates smoothly with relevant tools
- Free plan available
- Partner programs
Optimonk has a freemium plan that users can use with the following monthly plans:
- Essential - $29 monthly
- Growth - $79 monthly
- Premium - $199 monthly
- Master - Contact Optimonk
SearchSpring aids the growth of your online store by making your digital products easier to find.
- Site search and autocomplete
- Merchandising setup
- Personalized search results
- Search filters, search sorting, and search preview
SearchSpring offers the following plans:
- Essential - $599
- Advanced - $799
- Expert - $999
eCommerce Tools for Marketing Automation
Most eCommerce stores are probably promoting their products across different channels.
Marketing automation ensures this happens seamlessly.
Some of the tools to achieve such are:
Zapier is a marketing automation tool that allows you to automate the various tools you use without writing a line of code. You can also monitor your marketing channels more effectively. Zapier integrates with over 4000 online services.
- Multi-step Zaps let a single trigger perform many actions
- Data transfer
- Conditional triggers
- Custom logical paths (enables advanced workflows)
- Connections via webhooks
- Team membership and management
- Custom data retention
While Zapier presents a free plan, users can access marketing automation with the following plans:
- Starter - $30 monthly
- Professional - $74 monthly
- Team - $449 monthly
- Company - $899 monthly
Users can quickly award points through the Smile loyalty service and track referrals. Users can also track their affiliate marketing moves with the platform.
- Points program
- Referral program
- Program branding
- Reward emails
- API access and Integrations
Smile has no free plans. The service's monthly plans are:
- Starter - $49 monthly
- Growth - $199 monthly
- Pro - $599 monthly
Drift is an online tool that creates personalized experiences for your website visitors. Its solutions enable faster decision-making, leading to higher conversion rates.
- Visitor intelligence
- Real-time personalization
- Custom chatbots and AI chatbots
- Analytics and insights into customer interactions
- Customer success management
Drift has no published data on pricing plans. But interested parties can check out this page.
eCommerce Tools for SEO
SEO (search engine optimization) is the great digital indexer of all things on the internet.
Implementing good eCommerce SEO practices makes your website and SEO-friendly content more visible to potential customers.
Take a look at these eCommerce SEO tools:
Ahrefs is an all-in-one SEO toolset. It is equipped with the necessary resources to take your eCommerce SEO efforts to the next level.
- Site audit and explorer
- Content explorer
- SEO alerts
- Keyword explorer
- Rank tracking
Ahrefs provides monthly pricing plans options with $30 per additional user. They are:
- Lite - $99
- Standard - $179
- Advanced - $399
- Agency - $999
36. Google Keyword Planner
Google Keyword Planner is one of the powerful tools created by Google that helps users discover keywords relevant to their industries.
- Free to use
- Keyword ideas generation
- Keyword research
- Keyword volume checker
Like most Google products, Google Keyword Planner is free to use.
Ubersuggest is an SEO and keyword research tool. This tool allows you to gain insights into the keywords working for the big players in your industry.
- Backlink data checker
- Keyword research tool
- Page SEO ranking
- Keyword generator
Ubersuggest has a freemium version and a paid version priced at $12.
38. Moz's Link Explorer
Moz's Link Explorer is a fantastic free tool that boosts your SEO by analyzing your domain authority.
- Domain authority checker
- Backlink checker
- URL analysis
Link Explorer is free to use.
Semrush is one of the few software that has gone beyond providing services in the SEO and keyword space. They have also become an online visibility service.
- Keyword research
- Keyword volume checker
- Domain & keyword analytics
- Content marketing platform
- Scheduled reporting
- Plagiarism checker
- Local SEO checker
Semrush offers the following pricing plans:
- Pro - $120 monthly
- Guru - $230 monthly
- Business - $450 monthly
40. SEO Site Checkup
SEO Site Checkup is a brilliant tool that runs audits on the SEO of your site and reports the errors.
- Site SEO analyzer
- SEO monitoring tools
- Website monitoring
- Competitor analysis
- SEO reporting
SEO Site Checkup has three suitable plans for businesses at any level. They are:
- Basic - $30 monthly
- Webmaster - $50 monthly
- Professional - $90 monthly
eCommerce Tools for Website Optimization
Website optimization allows eCommerce stores to remain up-to-date with industry standards and best practices.
It also enables eCommerce stores to increase brand awareness. There are specific available tools that cater to the particular needs of eCommerce sites.
Some of these tools are:
Compressor.io is a valuable tool that compresses images without losing quality.
- Image compression
- Image resizing
- API Integrations
- WordPress plugin
Web Compressor offers a free and annual plan that starts at $50.
42. PageSpeed Insights API
Pagespeed insights API is a Google tool for analyzing your website's loading speed. It also determines what elements you can optimize to improve.
- Website speed diagnostics
- Website speed reports
Like most Google tools, PageSpeed Insights is a free API by Google
43. Google Mobile-Friendly Test
The Google Mobile-Friendly Test lets you check your site or codebase for how easy it is to navigate mobile devices.
- Mobile-Friendly diagnostics
- Search console for performance data
This tool is free to use.
eCommerce Tools for Customer Service
Stellar customer service is a crucial aspect of every business. Here are a few tools you can use:
Tidio is a chatbot built to aid eCommerce businesses react to customer actions on their websites/online stores.
- Unlimited chatbots
- Chatbot templates
- Zapier integration
- Free trial
Tidio offers a free trial with unlimited chats and 100 unique website visitors. See pricing plans below:
- Communicator - $15 monthly
- Chatbot - $39 monthly
Zendesk offers features that cut across customer support and sales.
- Industry-leading ticketing system
- Messaging across web, mobile and social
- Email, voice, SMS, and live chat support
- Workflow automation
- Out-of-the-box reporting and analytics
Zendesk offers service suites, along with free trials. Zendesk's pricing plans include:
- Suite Team - $49 per agent/month (billed annually)
- Suite Growth - $79 per agent/month (billed annually)
- Suite Professionals - $99 per agent/month (billed annually)
- Suite Enterprise - $150 per agent/month (billed annually)
Zendesk customer service plans include:
- Sell Team - $19 per user/month (billed annually)
- Sell Professional - $49 per user/month (billed annually)
- Sell Enterprise - $99 per user/month (billed annually)
With CallHippo’s virtual business phone service, eCommerce businesses can respond immediately to customer questions.
- Business phone system
- Call tracking
- Speech recognition
- API integrations
- Voice broadcasting
In addition to a free trial, CallHippo has four pricing plans. They include:
- Bronze - $16 monthly
- Silver - $24 monthly
- Gold - $40 monthly
- Platinum - $48 monthly
Put your best foot forward with the right eCommerce marketing tools
As the eCommerce market changes, brands need to evolve with it.
Incorporating the right tools into your eCommerce marketing journey is a sure way to grow your business.
And you’re sure to drive conversion rates through the roof without much stress.
So buckle down, pick the combination of tools that fit your budget, and get going.
Dozie Anyaegbunam is a B2B content writer and strategist. A Cannes Lions certified storyteller, Dozie has crafted compelling content for brands such as Mirasee, SmartBlogger, Growth Mentor, and more. He's also Dodo and Ronan's dad, a proud flâneur, and a Felix Baumgartner wannabe. Don't miss his newsletter, Efikó, where he riffs about social and content strategy.